Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quotes
Shyju.com > Entertainment > Puzzle Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
vae
HI Every 1,

I thought of starting this game just like that .
Letz add 1 PHRASE or QUOTES from a Famous person

- 1 post at a time frm same person
- Do add the name of the person
- 1 can post as many as possible but 1 at a time

So letz get started...............

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abraham Lincoln
Mehar
Within each of us lies the power of our consent to health and sickness, to riches and poverty, to freedom and to slavery. It is we who control these, and not another - Richard Bach
vae
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.

Barack Obama
Priya
"Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success, that is way great spiritual giants are produced.” - Swami Vivekananda
vae
O Lord, thou knowest how busy I must be this day; if I forget thee, do not thou forget me. - Sir Jacob Astley
Mehar
The world is a looking glass and gives back to every man the reflection of his own face.
-William M Thackeray
Priya
“Be more dedicated to making solid achievements than in running after swift but synthetic happiness.” - APJ Abdul Kalam
vae
I have been all things unholy. If God can work through me, he can work through anyone. - St. Francis of Assisi
KisnA

The most difficult phase of life is not when no one understands you;

it is when you don't understand yourself.

Mehar
Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well-
Mahatma Gandhi
Kurian
THE Brooks become crooked because
they choose the line of least resistance
Priya
Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish---Albert Einstein
Kurian
Life is a story told by an idiot
Priya
Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat---------Mother Teresa
Kurian
rolling stone gather no moss
Priya
The World is a book, those who donot travel , Read only a page -St. Augustine(Theologian)
KisnA
At the end of your life, you will never regret not having passed one more test, not winning one more verdict, or not closing one more deal. You will regret time not spent with a wife/husband, a friend, a child, or a parent.
"Barbara Bush"
Priya
"Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake." - Chessmaster Savielly Grigorievitch Tartakower
vae
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint. ~Mark Twain
Priya
A leader or a man of action in a crisis almost always acts subconsciously and then thinks of the reasons for his action............Jawaharlal Nehru
vae
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." -- Albert Einstein
Mehar
Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation.
-George Washington
Priya
We judge ourselves by what we are capable of doing; but others judge us by what we have done already
KisnA

Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.
"Louisa May Alcott"

Priya
A revolution is a struggle to the death between the future and the past.
Fidel Castro
Dear
Dont beleive Anyone unless they proove themself - Rahul C Menon
Priya
“Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail.”

Charles F. Kettering
Kurian
those who live in glass houses should not throw stones at others
Yhappy.gif
KisnA
Symptoms, those you believe you recognize, seem to you irrational because you take them in an isolated manner, and you want to interpret them directly.
Jacques Lacan
Kurian
If you think you are right... then you are right
Priya
Anger is never without an argument, but seldom with a good one.
Indira Gandhi
vae
"The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in."

- Unknown
Priya
Forgiveness is a virtue of the brave.
Indira Gandhi
KisnA
In the hopes of reaching the moon men fail to see the flowers that blossom at their feet.
Albert Schweitzer

vae
I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do something I can do.
-
Helen Keller
Priya
“India happens to be a rich country inhabited by very poor people.”

Manmohan Singh
Kurian
DONT TROUBLE TROUBLE BEFORE TROUBLE TROUBLES YOU
vae
"I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better." - A. J. Liebling
Priya
Remember, the greatest gift is not found in a store nor under a tree, but in the hearts of true friends. -- Cindy Lew
Mehar
Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
-Mahatma Gandhi
vae
An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind. M.K. Gandhi
Priya
BE AT It ; To BEAT It - Prateep V Philip , IPS

Click to view attachment
vae
He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself; for every man has need to be forgiven.
Thomas Fuller
Priya
A judge is a law student who marks his own examination papers.
H. L. Mencken
Mehar
Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation.
George Washington
Priya
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Bill Cosby
vae
Action is the foundational key to all success.
Pablo Picasso
Priya
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life--------------Albert Camus
vae
Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.
Arnold Bennett
Priya
Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful----- Albert Schweitzer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.